Thursday, January 17, 2013

Snoqualmie Falls | Bellevue Photographer

The other day while on my winter photo stroll, I went up to the falls since I was in the area.  Everything within view was frozen.  All the leaves and trees around me were coated with a thick layer of ice.  You could  peel the half inch of ice coating the leaves if you are careful and hold in your hand nature's ice sculpture of the leaf impression.  Pretty amazing!

I normally don't hold photo sessions in the rain, unless it's a session I've conceptualized with the client, or from a "Day in the Life" photo session and it's been a while since I got so wet photographing.  The splash back from the falls left my down jacket soaked and caused my lens to hunt for focus.  I was able to capture one wide angle image, which shows the rock wall to the left covered in ice from the spray.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think this picture is awesome. It would make a great wall photo. Love it.