Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Gotta love that face!




















It's been a while since I posted... I captured this little guy this morning. He appears to me to be a cross between a Jack and Cottontail, although I'm not sure. His ears are unusually long compared to all the others in our yard. It's becoming a rabbit sanctuary here. New ones every week and I have to say, they bring me so much joy!

Everyone who knows me, knows that I'm passionate about nature and wildlife and last week about 10 p.m. I saw a coyote pup walk right past my office window. When I saw one of the other motion lights come on toward the back of the property and looked out there to see what was going on, I saw a pack of coyotes; four that I counted. I know they were here for the rabbits and I secretly hoped my little ones would be safe that night and when I woke up the next morning, there was one of the tiniest gobbling down tufts of grass, I was relieved...

The neighbors took down some trees last week, so they can plant apple trees and I'm sure we have some of the rabbits that were living in their yard over here now. I noticed yesterday that the rabbits have a new path they've created right in front of my office window--where the bobcat once would lie in wait for squirrels. The most adorable thing I've seen since living here (10 years now) is the tiniest rabbits of the bunch jumping up or down two-railroad ties to make their way through their new path, it's simply adorable!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi little cutie bunnie!!!!

Happy to see the post - they always make my day!

Anonymous said...

I came back to kiss the cute bunny.

xxoo