Friday, January 8, 2010

Doe passing through for a snack...






I was coming out of the shower tonight and was startled when in the dark I saw a deer right outside my office window. She seemed to be more concerned about Finn, who was watching her from the windowsill than she was about me frantically shooting photos of her eating the apple (in manual mode--no less!) It doesn't look very dark out there, but it was, other than the light from a lantern I have outside my office window.

When the doe made a move for Finn, I became worried, as I didn't want her to charge the window when I was about to leave the house. All worked out well in the end. I wasn't able to wait until she finished eating her apples, but I was able to move Finn out of my office and leave the house tonight.

The quality of these photos are terrible due to lack of light and all the reflections from the security monitors, but they do tell a cute little story...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that Finn watched the deer and the deer watched Finn. I find it so curious as the deer probably couldn't smell Finn, and probably sees squirrels all the time. Maybe the deer identified the cat as something different. I love the stories your pictures tell!

-Stacy