Sunday, September 26, 2010

It's Fall and mushrooms are sprouting up everywhere!

 
(Click on image to enlarge)
Three days ago, I stumbled upon what I thought was a unique looking mushroom.  I hadn't seen a mushroom in MY yard with such a long stem (Image on the left is from day one.)

The next day I'd forgotten about the mushroom, was back in the equipment room, turned around and couldn't believe my eyes!  The cap of the mushroom had doubled in size!  (Image in the middle is from day two.) 

This morning, back out there again (yes, there's a never-ending list of duties to do around here ;)  This time I couldn't miss the mushroom, in less than 24-hours the cap opened up flat.  All this took place in just under 72-hours! 

I didn't see the little bug on the first day until I saw the images on the computer--a nice little bonus!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Most of the time, I don't like to see mushrooms growing, but these are some cool pictures. Nice job capturing the changes over the 72 hours.

Stacy