Thursday, January 14, 2016

Reflections | December 2015

I apologize for the delay in getting my December Reflections posted  I had been without a computer since December 23, 2015.  My old workhorse has been retired and since it was holiday season, delivery was delayed.   The new computer finally arrived on January 5th and it's taken me time to get it setup and configured properly  There is never a good time to be without a computer when you're running a portrait business, but it could have been far worse if this happened during the busy season-- so for that, I'm grateful.

On one of the frosty mornings in December where it was 23 degrees at my house I was looking toward the back of my property where I saw something white that looked like one of those styrofoam egg cartons.  My first thought was a bear got into my neighbors garbage toter and dragged his garbage onto my property (it's happened before.).

I ran for my binoculars and went to the window for a second look.  I could see it wasn't an egg carton, but what was it?  And then it hit me, could it be?  I wondered if what I was seeing could possibly be the rare elusive ice flowers?  I ran for my camera and out the door in my jammies and sure enough, there they were.  For me it felt like Christmas all over again!

I found the the one that I was seeing from the house, I hurried to take pictures (they melt quickly--as soon as the sun hits them.) I took a moment to look around and it felt magical. There were several and many were hard to access for a picture, but I did my best,  After a few minutes I realized that I didn't feel the cold. I was filled with excitement!







No comments: