Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Northern Lights | Bellevue Portrait Photographer

It has been a dream of mine to photograph the Aurora Borealis in any capacity; be it the flaming dancing bright lights, or the more muted colors in the night sky.

I was waffling back and forth last night when I made the last minute decision to leave my house about 10:30 and head east far from the noise pollution of any city in search of remote darkness.  On my way up toward Snoqualmie Pass I saw nothing but cloud cover and fog so thick at times it was hard to see.  It left me begging the question, why are you doing this again?

Nature is truly amazing...   Watching how the lights change from moment to moment or how the clouds move in and (fortunately) back out again revealing the stars and color.   It's all very exciting!

My bucket list is a minimal one, but it just got smaller.  I am still chilled to the bone today, but I'd go back and do it again in a heartbeat!


 







1 comment:

Laura said...

Absolutely incredible images, looking at them made me feel like I was there!