Thursday, October 17, 2013

Backyard Wildlife | Yearlings

I woke up this morning to see these two nursing right where they're standing in these images.  I crept into my office from my bedroom and grabbed my camera, but as I raised it the Doe ran off.  The little ones hung out for a bit, then one ran off and the other stayed a while longer.  I don't know that I'll ever have the opportunity to shoot them nursing again, but at least I was able to see it, which was wonderful.

I have documented this family since the fawns were born.  You may recall the one of the little ones had a crooked leg, but look at her, she's managed so well and can run as fast as her sibling.

I started as a nature and wildlife photographer for 20+ years and in 2007 started my portraiture and boudoir business in the Bellevue, Redmond and the surrounding Eastside areas.  The passion for nature and wildlife photography has never left me and I am so blessed to see such a variety of wildlife right outside my window every week.  I am equally lucky to have wonderful clients to photograph throughout the year.



Pin It!

No comments: